7 Spiritual Practices
Cultivating our faith life through prayer is an important part of wellness.
- We may pray differently at different times of the day.
- Laughter and rejoicing need to be a part of our faith life. Think of something funny that has happened, and thank God for giving us humor in our lives.
- Loving yourself is the first step in “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Spend a few minutes writing about what it means to love yourself. Remember that God loves you.
- Meditate to quiet your inner voice and just listen.
- Go for a prayerful walk and remember that all of creation belongs to God, though it can be easy to forget that. The air you breathe and the ground you walk on belong to God.
- Incorporate thankfulness by making a list of everything that you encounter for which you are thankful. At the end of the day, incorporate the list into a prayer.
Tryn Brondyke is our Faith Community Nurse here at Calvin Church, if you have any questions regarding health, please contact her or call the church office at 616.396.4563.